I’ve been taking on Winter Work. These are the plodding kind of activities that are best suited for long cold days indoors. I’ve organized receipts, finally chucked boxes, especially after seeing this funny video from vlogbrothers, and basically cleaned up my act.
My Winter Work also includes the curating of my iPhoto library. I didn’t take all these photos just to keep them locked away in my computer. I’ve got wedding photos, cute photos of the nieces, and so very many travel photos. All photos I thought, wow, that’s going to look good on my wall. But instead of printing and framing, these photos were uploaded and forgotten. Sound familiar?
It’s been nice walking down memory lane whilst I await summer fun. This month I revisited my trip to Venice, Italy, and made it the subject of my most recent travel letter.
Venice is one weird city. Quiet. Humid. Somber. But hey, sometimes we’re all a little like Venice. Perhaps it was also occupied with Winter Work.
In other news:
- Etsy Community News for March 2015 said gorgeous things about my new New York Times best seller status. How kind!
- I’m reading Gretchen Rubin‘s new book Better than Before. It’s about changing habits. She has a new podcast I’m jazzed about.
- In true spring-cleaning effort, I’m doing a detox which makes me cranky in that someone-slipped-me-the-decaf kind of way.
- I’m salivating over travel journals on Pinterest.
- I went to the Calgary Flames vs Toronto Maple Leafs game last night. It’s too hard to be a Leafs fan. I’ve abandoned the home team. Go Flames Go!