|The backyard is great for conjuring evil plans.|
Since I’ve been hibernating in Canada’s autumn wonderland, I’ve been reading Hugh MacLeod’s Evil Plans:
|“Everybody needs that Evil Plan that’s going to pry their lives out of the jaws of crap jobs, cubicle hell, mediocrity and general despair.” — Hugh MacLeod|
In 2010, my evil plan was to save up cashola, get all my belongings down to one suitcase, quit my job and trot around the globe.
So I pretty much rocked that one.
Now I’m conjuring up another evil plan for 2012. It’s gonna launch on my birthday, which is December 27th. Feel free to get me the gift that won’t take up room in my suitcase.
Since the success of my last evil plan, I can’t imagine not having an evil plan to plug away at on the road to world domination.
So if you’re thinking of creating your own evil plans, take my advice:
- Get a journal. Evil plans take a lot of pondering and note jotting.
- Steal time every day. Concentrated effort is needed for evil plan manifesting. If you don’t have time, steal it from your day job, spend more time in the bathroom, do whatever it takes.
- Give at least 20 minutes a day. Seriously, all it takes to rule the world is 20 minutes per day of concentrated effort.
- Believe you’re worth it. Being successful in something that brings you joy won’t make you a crappy mother, friend, spouse or person. It will make you inspiring. Be inspiring.
- Do the teeth-tingle check. When you think of your evil plan, do you get so excited that your teeth tingle. Doth it keep you up at night smiling? If not, edit and ponder further until it does.
- Remember that no evil plan is too big or small. Sure, I had a big evil plan last year, but sometimes I think an evil plan may be as small as learning how to make gourmet cheese at home or growing a garden… or having furniture.
- Believe fortune favors the brave. Magic happens to evil plan doers. When your idea moves from your journal into action steps, God will rush to meet you with good luck, perfect timing and the right people.
Maybe you want to open an online business
write a book
get your taxes up to date
clean out your storage space and sell it all on ebay and craigslist
or open a pie shack
begin a drum circle
write a blog
give tours of maple sugar bushes
or share your knowledge of your favorite wine region
become a psychic
or tap dancer
hone the art of parenting
forgive your parents
begin it or end it with someone or something
learn to play guitar
or grow closer to God
That thing you just thought of? That’s your evil plan.
And yes, it is possible.
Last year, when I was doing my evil plan, I didn’t realize how much planning it would take. It’s not as simple as Save, Quit, Go. Every day I wrote out the What’s and Why’s and Who’s and plugged away at the tasks at hand. There is something that can be done every day to pull your evil plan out of the pages of your notebook so that it will one day dance with you in daily life.
So what are you waiting for?
Bwah ha ha haaaa.